Thursday, July 7, 2011

Castles in the Sand

I love all things summer and the Lifestyle Crafts new Tropical Splash release is fast becomming one of my favorite releases.   For my layout today I used 2 of the dies from the release, the Sand Castle and the Sunset.  What I love about the Sunset die is that it comes in 5 separate pieces so you can use a portion of the die, or the whole scene.  For this layout I only used the beach portion of the Sunset die.




After I die cut the pieces of the sand castle and the beach, I covered them with Mud Puddles sand before I assembled them.  It was a little messy, but I love the realistic look it gave to the sand castle.

Supplies used:
Cloud 9 Designs papers, brads and chipboard stickers
Bazzill cardstock
Mudpuddles Sand
Basic Grey trim & ric rac
QK Beach Shapes CC-SHAPE-12
QK Summer Shapes CC-SHAPE-11

You can view the entire release at Scrapbuggy.
Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment: