Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Word Art Wednesday #21

Happy Wednesday!!  Today's word art is from 1 John 4:19.



While looking for photos to use on my layout,  I thought, why not use a photo of myself?   So I found a photo that was taken on my first birthday many years ago (smile).  Seeing that photo brought to mind one of the first songs I remember learning...Jesus Loves Me.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so,
Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but he is strong.
Yes Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so.

In the NIV translation of the bible, today's word reads...We love because he first loved us.  God is love and God loves us.  We are extremely valued by God.  Not because of anything we have done but because of His perfect love.  It is God's love for us that gives us the power to love others.  Love...His perfect love...that flows from Him to us, empowers us to love.



Supplies:
Sei Patterned Paper
Sei Tag and Die Cut
Recollections Brads
Tim Holtz Staples
Lace
Fiskars Corner Rounder

I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's art. Be sure to check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the weekly prize drawing from this week's sponsor Shelly's Images.

Thanks for stopping by today. Blessings to you.






6 comments:

  1. LOve the layout Gemiel! Cute picture and those hearts on it.

    Have a blessed week!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my heart, Gemiel! This is SO precious. When I first saw it, I wondered if it was you. This is just SO SWEET and such a precious memory. I'm grateful for your parents and those who taught you of God's love for you. You are a strong, beautiful Christian woman, and i am blessed to know you and share your beautiful art. Thanks for your testimony.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemiel, what an awesome page and I love the way you placed the scripture and the paper with the butterflies, hearts, embossing (or looks like embossing)is just beautiful girl. And of course that little girl in the photo is just too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful page Gemiel - just love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite layout ever! That picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus DOES love you! He loves everyone. I find this so comforting! No matter what I do, He will always love me. And what a perfect picture--for are not we all His children? Thanks for the inspiration and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete