Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rose Garden

When I returned home from our vacation,  a RAK (random act of kindness) package from one of my sweet sisters in Christ was waiting for me.  I opened it to discover all kinds of wonderful goodies, including lots of flowers. I love flowers, in fact I have quite the collection of them :),  but I don't get to use them as often as I'd like.  As soon as I saw the flowers,  I knew I wanted to use them on a page,  so I looked through my vacation photos and found the perfect pictures...photos of my son and nieces taken at the Exposition Park Rose Garden in Los Angeles, CA. 


I added some glimmer mist and stickles to the flowers to really make them sparkle and I added some Websters Pages trim under the flower on the left for a different look.

Supplies:
Webster's Pages Patterned Paper
Bazzill Cardstock
ODBD Honeycomb Background, Faith and Grow in Grace Stamps
Cheery Lynn Flourish and Mini Flourish Dies
Spellbinders and Lifestyle Crafts Label Dies
Webster's Pages Stickpin & Trim
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Stickles
Tim Holtz Distress  & VersaFine Ink
Distrezz It All
Flowers - Thanks Sabrina!!!!

I'm linking this to the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge ODBDSLC118 - use scripture on your project and to the August Gems of Inspiration Challenge - to scrapbook summer photos.

Thanks for stopping by!!  Be blessed!!

11 comments:

  1. What a stunning page Gemiel!! I absolutely love your choice of dp and your added flowers. So elegant. What great photos too!! I am so glad to see your creation added to the challenge. Miss you at basecamp!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings and hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful LO!! Love how you used your new flowers to embellish this garden LO!! Glad you are enjoying the Distrezzing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful page! I love how you used the flowers and altered them a little to make them pop! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog last night! I appreciate you and your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, gemiel!! what a gorgeous layout!! love all the beautiful details, photos and the lovely verse!! so glad to see you joining us this week for the Shining the Light challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Another winner! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, this is so gorgeous! What a wonderful layout....I LOVE all of the flowers....in the photos and the embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Gemiel! And those flowers are so perfect with this page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page, Gemiel!! Love the roses. . all the roses from the photos, to the DP to the 3-D. . .fabulous work!! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Gemiel - love how you have so beautifully mixed the photos of the flowers and the children, and how you have used the 'paper' roses.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout!! I love how you used the flowers.

    ReplyDelete