Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Inspired by A Sweethaven Homecoming

One great thing about the blog world is that you get to stumble on some good things.  I found out about Courtney Walsh's blog through a link on another blog.  I was really excited to check out her blog as she is the author of one of my fav scrapbooking guides, "Scrapbooking Your Faith".  Upon checking out her blog I discovered that she is a novelist as well and has just released her latest book, "A Sweethaven Homecoming".   I haven't read any novels in awhile, but I am looking forward to reading her Sweethaven series. And these novels include scrapbooking, how good can it get LOL.

Courtney is running a scrapbook challenge on her blog to create a layout or other piece of art inspired by her latest novel.  She has posted some layout ideas on her blog for those of us who haven't read the book yet. :) I choose the theme of friendship and reconnecting for my layout.   The photos are of me and my cousin LaVonzell, whom I hadn't seen in 9 years.  We stopped to visit her, my other cousins, and my aunt during our summer road trip across the US.



 

 I had fun creating this layout.  It brought back great memories of our visit.  The supplies are all from  Me and My Big Ideas.  I used 2 sheets of the background patterned paper, colored and embellished the flowers on one sheet,  cut them out and adhered them over the flowers on the second sheet with pop dots to give them a great 3D look.

If you get a moment check out Courtney Walsh's Blog.  It's a good thing...

Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings.

3 comments:

  1. The flowers really make the LO pop. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Gemiel! What a happy coincidence! I just discovered Courney's blog as well! I've just taken her first novel out of the library and am excited about reading the series! Isn't that fun? I haven't tracked down "Scrapbooking Your Faith" yet...but I'm working on it! Have a wonderful week!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Gemiel!!! Thank you so much for playing along!!! :) I hope you get a chance to read the Sweethaven series!

    ReplyDelete