Friday, September 7, 2012

ODBD September Gems of Inspiration Challenge


Happy Friday!!!  It's the first Friday in September, and time for a new Gems of Inspiration scrapbook challenge in the Our Daily Bread Designs Forum. 

September officially marks the end of summer and fall is just around the corner.     The school year has started, bible studies and other activities are resuming and it’s time to get back into learning mode.

Back to school is our inspiration for September, and the challenge is … create a layout that  uses an element that has to do with education or learning.  Your page can be about any theme, but at least one thing on the page has to be related to learning.  

For my layout today, I used a couple of photos that I took on the first day of school.   Of course it’s not cool to have your mother outside taking your picture on the first day of school when you’re in high school, so TJ has his “hurry up and get this over with look on his face”. LOL    My challenge elements are the patterned paper with the globe and text, and a bookmark.  I created the bookmark using the ODBD Bookmarks -Eagle stamp.  I stamped the bookmark image on patterned paper and choose the Proverbs 16:3 scripture stamp for the center of the bookmark.  I think this is a perfect scripture for the school year.   

Commit   to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3.

 

 

Supplies:
My Mind’s Eye Patterned paper
ODBD Bookmarks-Eagle Stamps

ODBD Scripture Collection 5 Stamps
Reminisce Stickers
Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon
Tim Holtz Numerals

Tim Holtz Staples
Distrezz It All
VersaFine Ink



I challenge you to play along this month.  I’d love to see your layouts.  You are not required to use ODBD stamps for this challenge, but if you do, please upload your pages to the Scrapbook Pages Category in the ODBD gallery.  If you aren't yet registered in the gallery, sign up only takes a couple of minutes.  If you do not use ODBD stamps, you can upload to  your blog or another publicly viewable online gallery and share the link here in the comments.

 
Please use the keywords ODBDGI10 (with no spaces) when uploading your layouts to public galleries and be sure and come back here and paste a link to let us know so we can see your beautiful work!

Thanks for stopping by.   Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that scripture. He looks pained, but I know he was alright, lol. I like your profile write-up...so all-inclusive and succinct! Have an extra-blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS lo!! Love the metal numbers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I have that paper in my pile to scrap my son's first day of college at tonight's crop! :-) TJ is such a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete