Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Word Art Wednesday #48

It's the first Wednesday of October so it's double sponsor day!!!  Today's Word Art comes from 1 Corinthians...



I've been under the weather the past few days.  I had a flu shot last week and it left me with a mild case of the flu.  I haven't felt up to creating or writing anything, so I was just going to post this week's Word Art without any commentary or actual art.  But God had other plans. When I went to get the Word Art for today, I was pleasantly surprized to find that the scripture verses were the same ones we discussed in Sunday School this Sunday.  Then, attached to an e-mail from a sister-in-Christ, was a photo of me lovingly giving advice and instruction to one of our younger sisters at our women's ministry fall luncheon.  Coincidence you say??  Not on your life.  It's a God thing!!!! 

So I leave you with a few words about today's scripture, paraphrased from our Sunday School lesson...
When Paul (the writer of 1 Corinthians) speaks of "charity" we should read that word as "love".  More importantly we should know that Paul is speaking of a specific form of love. Paul is describing agape, a commitment of the will to cherish and uphold another person.  In the Bible this is the form of love that is always used when we describe God's love.  Agape describes our willful and deliberate decision to treat others with the utmost care and concern and allows us to esteem the best interests of our brother or sister above our own.  We must remember that this form of love is only possible when we love God first. Love must be put into practice on a daily basis. We must constantly measure our love and ask ourselves, "Did I show love in that situation or toward that person?"  And more importantly, "Am I growing?"  Love indeed results in characteristics that can be seen and heard.




Supplies:
Club Scrap Patterned Paper
Spellbinders and Lifestyle Crafts Dies
Recollections Gems

I  hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Feel free to save today's word art to your computer for your personal use. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's art. Don't forget that we have two sponsors this week so you have double the chances of winning. If you are new to our challenge, check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the prize drawing from this week's sponsors My Craft Spot by Kimberly and My Heart Pieces.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be Blessed!
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my! This is gorgeous. What a sweet, perfect picture and page design to showcase this week's verse of scripture. I'm so sorry you were under the weather and so grateful God brought you out of it to pour this inspiration into you. It's beautiful. I'm more than delighted, Gemiel, to be joining you on Word Art Wednesday. I've been to your blog a couple of times, but spent a lot of time reading through your posts over the last couple of days. I appreciate your heart so much. What a blessing it will be to get to know you better as we exalt God together through Word Art Wednesday. You've blessed me already. LOVE your wonderful artwork. Icing on the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemiel...I'm back from my vacation and finally able to visit your site and leave a comment. I always love your artwork each week because it gives me a glimpse of your family, friends and ministry. It is truly a blessing to see another sister in Christ being used by the Lord in every aspect of life and I am blessed with your life. Glad to work alongside with you at WAW. Love in Christ!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL-tried to get out of creating? No way! your layout is perfect! I certainly hope by now you are feeling much better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how God works in our lives to bring us right to where we need to be...in the center of His will, and lead by His mighty hand. You're right, it's NO coincidence. Thanks for sharing this. You are such a blessing to me, my dear Sister in Christ.
    Have a blessed week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect piece of scripture for your photograph. Our Lord certainly works in mysterious and marvelous ways. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous layout, Gemiel!! Such a perfect photo to go with these verses. You are right - no coincidence!! Thanks for sharing your life and gorgeous, inspiring work!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gemiel, love the purple tones of this layout to match the ladies' shirts, and the gem flourish seems to echo the design on their shirts, too!

    Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog recently. :) Wanted to tell you how pretty you are, too! You've got a beautiful smile. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete