Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Word Art Wednesday #95

Hi, welcome to this week's Word Art Wednesday challenge.  This week's word is from the Book of John.



What an amazing promise!  Those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior become children of God.  Membership in God's family is by grace alone, it is the gift of God.  It cannot be earned by anything we do, God gives this gift freely to all those that receive him and believe on his name.

Today's layout is of my uncle, Wayne, my mother's brother that was closest to her in age. He was a preacher, a true son of God.  He wasn't with us long, he went to be with God in his 40's,  but he spent his short time here doing God's work.  I spent time with  my uncle during my early college years right before he passed away and he he taught me a lot about selflessness.  He was a pillar in his community. He always put others first.  If he saw a need, he would try to fill it, even if it meant he and his family would go without.  I am so blessed to have know him.





I hope you join the Word Art Wednesday challenge this week. Feel free to save today's word art to your computer for your personal use. Check out the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members created with this week's word art. If you are new to our challenge, check out the challenge guidelines to find out how you can be eligible for the prize drawing from this week's sponsors Blue Moon Scrapbooking (offering a $20 gift certificate to their wonderful store full of scrapbooking supplies) and My Heart Pieces.

Thanks for stopping by.  Blessings to you!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Gemiel - What a testimony of your Uncle, and his selflessness and love. God was glorified by his life, I am sure.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a blessing when we can still cherish our family even into death by preserving their legacy in a scrapbook?!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemiel these are such beautiful words you write about your Uncle. I wish I could have met him. But I know I will in heaven. I have had people like him in my life and they really do leave a lasting impression on our hearts. Your layout of him is so handsome. God bless you and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you honor the memory of your relatives even as you are honoring our Lord by using the scriptures in your art.

    ReplyDelete